Compass Group Canada/Nestle Canada Inc. – KitKat Football Promotion (the “Contest”)
This promotion is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only (excluding Quebec) and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at the time of entry. Must be 19 years of age or older to enter.
- The sponsor of this Contest is Nestle Canada Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
- Contest Period: Starts January 2, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends February 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”), after which time no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter: A total of 50,000 PIN codes (valid for one (1) entry each) will be available in participating Compass Group Canada locations across Canada (excluding Quebec) with the purchase one (1) KitKat, Aero, Coffee Crisp, Smarties, Kit Kat Chunky or Aero Peppermint bar and via no purchase, (see Rule 4 below), while supplies last. To enter, go to www.KitKatFootball.ca , enter your name, email address and unique valid alpha-numeric PIN code found on the promotional PIN card you received upon purchase and follow the instructions to register or login. Your entry will be entered into the draw (see Rule 7 below). Each valid entrant registration will entitle that entrant to submit multiple entries as long as each entry is entered with a unique and valid PIN code obtained either through an eligible product purchase, or through the No Purchase Necessary method (see Rule 4 below). Limit one (1) entry per unique and valid PIN code, regardless of the method of obtaining the PIN code. All entries must be received by February 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET. PIN codes are valid for one (1) entry only - subsequent attempts to re-submit or re-use the same PIN code will be void and ineligible for entry. Only one (1) e-mail address may be used by any person to participate in the Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an e-mail entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain a PIN code without purchase, request one from the Cashier at one of the participating locations. Each PIN code can only be used once. Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required: many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- All entrants: Retain your original Pin card with the unique PIN code for verification if you are drawn as a potential winner as contest Sponsor reserves the right to require original PIN card of request.
- Prizes: There are four hundred (400) prizes available to be won in the Contest Period. Each participating location has two (2) NFL Shirts approx. retail value of $37.00 CDN, one (1) NFL Football approx. retail value of $110.00 CDN. and one (1) NFL Hat approx. retail value of $25.00 CDN. Limit one (1) Prize per person. Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, or exchanged, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation a cash award.
- Contest Draw: On January 15, January 22, January 29 and February 5, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. ET, one (1) entry will be randomly drawn from among all entries received during the Contest Period to award a Prize to one winner at each participating location. The odds of your entry being drawn depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and at the time of the applicable draw. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Contest Group (as defined herein) is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of game play etc.) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE. Each potential winner will be notified by phone, mail or email. To be declared a winner, each potential winner drawn must correctly answer the required mathematical skill-testing to be administered by telephone, (at a mutually convenient time), must sign the Contest Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release, and otherwise comply with the official contest rules. Each potential winner, may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within 14 days of notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another potential winner whom the Contest Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner. Awarding of the prize is subject to verification and compliance with the official contest rules. Allow two (1) to three (3) weeks for verification and prize fulfilment. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsor for prizes after they have been shipped. Contest Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Winners bear all risk of loss or damages to prizes after delivery. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official contest rules and all decisions of the contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor), which shall be final and legally binding on the entrant in all matters relating to this Contest including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries and validity of PIN codes. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a prize, each potential winner will be required to sign the Contest Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official contest rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and its affiliated companies, agencies, contest prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding and use of the prize. Each potential winner agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Entrants who have not complied with the official contest rules will be disqualified.
- Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
- Any entry, PIN code, or any other materials used in this game that have been tampered with, altered, reproduced, stolen, transferred, bartered, traded or auctioned (including but not limited to an online internet auction site), unissued, unauthorized, or not legitimately obtained, or which contain or reflect any error, will be void.
- Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 19 years of age or older, except employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor or the participating restaurants and if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Group: i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest.
- The Contest Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or to modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these official contest rules. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more entrants receive a “win” notice than the number of prizes stated herein, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these official contest rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these official contest rules. In the event that any draws are stopped, interfered with or not conducted for any reason during the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to resume conducting draws as soon as reasonably possible after any interference or cessation of such draws. With respect to any draws that were not conducted, as contemplated by these official rules, the Contest Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion, to conduct some or all such draws at the end of the Contest Period.
- No entry will be credited for any PIN code deemed to be invalid for any reason, including without limitation, the following: PIN code is not verified or recognized as a valid PIN code issued by the Contest Sponsor in this contest; PIN code is determined to be previously entered and used; or PIN code is incorrectly or incompletely entered or submitted. The Contest Sponsor shall have no obligation to the holder of any void PIN code. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and without obligation, elect to replace an illegible or ineligible PIN code with another randomly selected PIN code if appropriate upon request, while supplies last. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to inspect and examine any illegible or ineligible PIN code prior to issuing a replacement. Replacements shall be issued at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion and may be denied in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules. Contest Sponsor may change its policy or set limitations and restrictions on replacements at any time and without notice. Except as expressly stated above, the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or obligation with respect to any void PIN code.
- Only PIN codes obtained from specially-marked or declared locations participating in the “KitKat Football Promotion” contest, or from legitimate no purchase requests (as provided in Rule 4 above) are eligible for this Contest, and PIN codes cannot be combined with codes from any other game or promotion.
- The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official rules, the announcement of winners, distribution of the prizes or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Contest Sponsor or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Contest Group is not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- The Contest Group does not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Contest Group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. Unless entrants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest and in connection with any publicity relating to the Contest.
All entrants agree to release the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective shareholders, members, partners, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, and liabilities of any kind resulting or arising from participation in this contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize (including any travel or travel-related activity).
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER CLUBS AND AFFILIATES (THE “NFL ENTITIES”) HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY. THE NFL ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED.